Being in college, sometimes it feels impossible to sit down and make a meal. So, I’ve come up with three dorm friendly recipes that can be made using only a microwave and a toaster. Next time you want a home cooked meal, try one of these delicious recipes.
Garlic BLT Sandwiches
You will need:
- 1 small tomato sliced
- 1 package of microwave bacon (heated up)
- A few handfuls of lettuce (I find romaine works best)
- 2 slices of bread
- Garlic powder or garlic salt
- Black pepper
1. Heat up your bacon in the microwave until crispy. Set it aside for now.
2. Heat up your bread slices in a toaster until they’re done to your liking. Spread butter (a thin layer) and sprinkle with garlic powder/salt and pepper.
3. Assemble your sandwich. You can do this is any order; just make sure to add your bacon, lettuce and tomato. You can also add mayo if you want.
4. Cut into squares and enjoy your garlic BLT.
Chicken Caesar salad
You will need:
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bag of croutons
- 1 container of pre-cooked grilled chicken
- Caesar dressing
1. Wash your lettuce and place into a serving bowl to dry.
2. Warm up your pre-cooked chicken in the microwave. Make sure it is in fact pre-cooked so all you’re doing is warming it.
3. Toss your chicken, croutons and some dressing into the bowl. Toss it all together and enjoy.
Loaded baked potatoes
You will need :
- 1-2 washed russet potatoes (or however many you want to make)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Optional toppings: cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, chili
1. Wash your potatoes and scrub the skin while washing.
2. Poke holes into the potatoes all over with a fork or knife.
3. Place your potatoes right onto the microwave plate and cook for 5 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. When cooled, remove from the microwave and cut a slit into the middle.
5. Spread your spoonful butter evenly into the potato and close back up until melted.
6. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!